The Human Dynamics and Controls Lab is NOT looking for any new graduate students at this time.
Please do not email Professor Hsiao-Wecksler unless the student can provide their own funding (e.g., multi-year fellowship). (The Grainger College of Engineering guaranteed-funding for the PhD program necessitates that faculty need to secure funding to support PhD students. Due to the current size of the HDCL, we are not accepting students that need financial support.)
Please keep in mind that the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) is a highly competitive university and that you must be accepted to the graduate program PRIOR to joining our lab.
- Acceptance to MS, MS/PhD, or PhD programs in the Grainger College of Engineering or Neuroscience
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills
- Currently, the ability to provide your own funding (fellowship, etc.)
Undergraduates interested in helping out in the HDCL should satisfy the following 3 criteria:
- A minimum GPA of 3.4
- Available to volunteer for 10-12 hrs/week
- Available for at least two semesters (or one semester and summer)
Join our lab and collaborate with experienced graduate mentors on projects that have the potential to make a real-world impact in Biomechanics/Signal Processing/Manufacturing. Apply now to become a part of our dynamic research team for Summer/Fall 2023, and an HDCL graduate student will be in touch with you.