Please keep in mind that the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) is a highly competitive university and that you must be accepted to the graduate program PRIOR to joining our lab.
- Acceptance to the UIUC MechSE program
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills
- Currently, the ability to provide your own funding (fellowship, teaching assistantship, etc.)
- See minimum university requirements
If accepted to the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Mechanical Engineering Graduate program, you may email your resume to Professor Hsiao-Wecksler. A personal statement on your interests and goals is also preferential.
Undergraduates interested in helping out in the HDCL should satisfy the following 3 criteria:
- A minimum GPA of 3.4
- Available to volunteer for 10-12 hrs/week
- Available for at least two semesters (or one semester and summer)
Interested students should send their resume with GPA, a list of skills, and experiences as well as an unofficial transcript to Professor Hsiao-Wecksler at least one semester before they want to participate. If new undergraduate assistants are needed, an HDCL graduate student will contact you.